Monday, October 10, 2011

The Princess and the Frog

I watched this movie the other night with my kids and I really enjoyed it, actually.

I loved the message that Tiana's (the heroin) father leaves for her:  it's not enough just to wish on a star, magic only gets you so far.  You have to work for it.  And work she did, tirelessly.

But it turned out wishing and working was not enough either.  You have to marry a handsome, rich prince from some remote country who happens to be visiting your home town.  In fact, I'm not sure wishing and working were all that essential in this story.  You just have to have a great personality and incredible looks.  Woo the rich guy and you're in.

Needless to say, I was less than underwhelmed at the message this movie was given to my girls, sigh.

No comments: