Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year - 2011!

Just a really short post - the first one for 2011. Obviously, I look forward to an incredible 2011. It's also a nice time to reflect on 2010 and how much I have in my life right now. 2010 really wasn't that significant of a year for me personally. It was more of just a continuation of a lot of different things - basically just trying to grind through in a lot of different ways.

But having kids, watching them grow a little older, having a wife whose perfect for me, living during a really incredibly time in this planet earth - where despite the challenges, we have so many opportunities.

My wife and I discovered this cafe today after we dropped our kids off at my parents house and searched for a place where we could sit down and set some 2011 goals. Let me just tell you what a cool place this was, and in the heart of Mesa. You know Mesa has a pretty good downtown that could be pretty great and there are some real treasures hidden in there. We'll definitely be going back here - highly recommended.

But, I am excited for the new year. My wife and I set some exciting goals, so I'm expecting this will be a year where we can really accomplish some things, and grow, and hopefully really ship something important.

But mostly, I'm just really grateful for my time on this planet earth and the relationships I've been able to make, and most of all the family I've been so lucky to have in my life.

Happy New Year everyone!

4 comments:

H said...

I look forward to Sara telling me all your great new goals. I also look forward to seeing what you "shipped" last year, if you plan on posting it. I think I'd have a hard time claiming something like that, especially after reading Seth's(?was that his name?) list.
Anyway, Happy 2011 to you too!

tempe turley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tempe turley said...

Helena,

Ok, I just re-read Seth's post. I'll list the stuff I shipped if you list yours!

I was a little shy about doing so because it doesn't seem like I accomplished too much, but I can come up with some stuff.

H said...

Ugh Scott. I don't know what I can come up with but this sounds an awful lot like a challenge and I don't turn down a challenge. Hmm. Maybe Bill can help me come up with something other than "a year older..."