Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Running, praying, and scriptures every day makes me happy and productive

Coming off our vacation I got out of my routine and for about a week afterward I just stopped going to the gym, I stopped running... And I stopped reading scriptures and got lazy with my prayers...

At any rate... This past Monday night, I was extra impatient with my kids, trying to get them into bed, etc, etc...

I decided to go to the gym for a quick run... Once back, I was in a much better mood. My daughter was still not asleep. I was able to talk to her much more gently, with much greater compassion. I've been running every since (and praying and studying)...

Its definitely not getting me to loose weight (my diet is not under control for that), but it makes me feel so much better. I can't live without my quick daily runs...

Thanks Sara for letting me do it.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Awe shucks, Scott. You're welcome. I did notice you were really patient with Lizzie on Monday night. Apparently I need to go to the gym about three times a day and then I will have enough patience to go around!

JRV said...

Nice props to Sara. What a good smart husband!

H said...

I was just telling someone the other day that I thought Scott went to the gym every day, or at least every other day. This answers that question. Good for you for working it into your routine. And yeah for Sara for reaping the benefits.