Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Wife's Master's Recital

Some time back, I tried to get my wife's master's recital stored on the web reference-able.  The links are now dead, so this time I'm going youtube. This is really half of the recital unfortunately. The second half is Schumann's Carnaval. It last almost thirty minutes and is broken up into 19 tiny movements. I'm haven't figured out how to get it up to youtube yet.

Some brief commentary. This is my wife at her absolute musical peak. We weren't married yet, we had started dating seriously that semester before she performed it. It was difficult for me because she was so stressed out about it and was focused so hard on it, I didn't get to see her nearly enough.

I hope that one day, when the children are older and she has more time to focus on it, she can try to get at least some of this back. 

Mozart Sonata in D Major K. 576

Movement 1, Allegro:


Movement 2, Adagio:



Movement 3, Allegretto:


Ravel Sonatine

Movement 1, Modere:


Movement 2: Mouvement de menuet


Movement 3: Anime


Prokofiev

Sonata No. 3 in A Minor, Op 28







No comments: