Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Wife's Masters Recital

My wife and I dated for a year before I proposed which aligned pretty cleanly with the second year of her masters degree in music performance and pedagogy. Her recital was in December of that year, needless to say, I didn't see her much then. For those of you who are interested here's her concert. Please ignore the iTunes link, you will not find it there. When I can figure it out, I'll get rid of it.



Sara feels really great about the Ravel piece (she worked the hardest on that). She feels the worst about the Prokofiev (she had a huge memory slip). I loved the Ravel, but I also love the Prokofiev.

What was cool was as we were getting married I would have Sara play these pieces for family members and she could put on a show. But sadly, these songs are gone from her fingers. I'm turning 40 next year, I keep dreaming that she could reproduce something like this maybe for a birthday concert, but it would take a ton of work to get this level of playing back and she's pretty busy right now.

2 comments:

H said...

Don't think she hasn't thought of it Scott. (the recital, that is) It's not a dream you should lose, just postpone until maybe 50. ? Sara's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott! Yes, I read these from time to time! Sara IS amazing. I remember her at our wedding. Stunning, to say the least. =)
We need to get together soon! Congratulations to you both on your newest addition (even though you can't yet hold him/her in your arms). I am excited for you all! xoxo

Love, Rhiannon S.