Sunday, February 22, 2009

Certain people on the far right are acting a little freaky

Here's Alan Keyes, I know hardly mainstream, but still - he was the Republican pick for US Senator in Illinois running against Obama, and he run for president in 2008 (I bet you didn't know it).

But I've heard folks like Rush Limbaugh be similarly shrill.

I know, I know, there were folks on the left saying similar things about G. W. Bush, but at least most of that came after Bush showed some solid years of ineptness. How long has Obama been president? 1 month? This mess is still Bush's not Obama's, lets not forget it.

Anyway, watch for yourself:

2 comments:

H said...

Was he saying that these things were an "abomination" or an "Obamanation"? I don't know why I think that's funny, maybe because you can't take this guy seriously.

Anonymous said...

They are so eager to attach labels to Obama, that many facts are rewritten to meet their statements. I have even heard a few U.S. Representatives state facts that were flat out wrong.
Ex. The Stimulus Bill gives money to Acorn, the government can and will overrule your doctor, there was absolutely no input to republicans, and even a representative protesting a non-existent part of the stimulus to build a light rail from L.A. to Las Vegas. These are just a few examples that I quickly remember.
It would be funny if there weren’t so many people who believed them.
I hope and pray that things can transform from the dogmatic rejection of the opponent, to a true dialogue between alternative ideas where disagreements are based on facts instead of personal confrontations rooted in affiliations.